Our rate employment/engagement and retainer arrangements are governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey. Quoted fees are considered retainers and are therefore non-refundable. All retainers are NON-REFUNDABLE. Hourly billing is $ 250.00 per hour. Except for government agencies, all work done by our forensic lab is done with an initial retainer. If there are additional fees or a balance due, the amount will be collected before the finished work product is sent. These rates are current as of January 1, 2022.
- Jennifer Owen @Jennifer-Owen-21
*All checks must be made payable to Owen Forensic Services LLC, no personal checks accepted. Money Orders, Bank Checks, and Cashier's Checks are accepted.
|DIAGNSOTIC FEE||In order to determine what can be done to their audio, video etc. Potential clients want a review and determination of their evidence if it is worth proceeding with services. We charge one hour for our time and expertise to review any work product. $ 250.00.|
|VOICE COMPARISON ANALYSIS SPEAKER RECOGNITION||$ 1,500.00 for one known and unknown per comparison. Additional charges may apply to foreign languages. Report and Testimony are not included in this fee. Biometric Voice Comparison analysis only.|
|AUTHENTICITY (AUDIO and VIDEO)||$ 2,500.00 minimum initial retainer. Testimony and report are not included.|
|DIGITAL AUDIO CLARIFICATION||$ 500.00 minimum initial retainer. Testimony and report is not included. Certified transcription available.|
|DIGITAL VIDEO CLARIFICATION||$ 1,250.00 minimum retainer. Testimony and report not included.|
|FORENSIC TRANSCRIPTION||$ 250.00 per hour.|
|COURT TESTIMONY DEPOSITION, CONSULTING||$ 3,300.00 per day. Testimony, Deposition, and Consulting outside of NJ are quoted on a case by case basis. Many cities require a two day minimum. All expenses for first class travel, business class hotels, car rental, food or other expenses will be collected in advance. All testimony fees are collected ten days in advance and are non-refundable. Date changes are at the discretion of Owen Forensic Services, LLC. Additional billing may apply for cancellations, changes, and unforeseen circumstances. Online testimony is a $2,000.00 retainer additional chargers may apply.|
|TO BE NAMED AS AN EXPERT||$ 1,000.00 to be named as an expert or to file an Affidavit or Declaration.|
|OVERNIGHT, WEEKEND AND RUSH FEES||All “emergency” work will be charged accordingly. We carry a full caseload year-round and in order to accommodate all of our clients, we charge a 25 % fee in addition to our rates. If the turnaround time is less than 5 business days or needs to be completed over a weekend these additional fees will apply.|
- We reserve the right to make revisions to this document and our fees.
- By signing our rate sheet you are acknowledging that you are responsible for payment.
- We do our best to calculate accurate estimates by phone when a project is described to us, but estimates are provided sight unseen and can change once we receive the project.
- All returned check fees, attorney fees, and any fees associated with non-payment and collection will be assigned to the client.
- Owen Forensic Service adds a 4% charge of the total bill to the balance due when credit cards are accepted via third party vendors.
- Paypal, Venmo, Zelle, and other third-party vendor fees will be added to the total of the balance due or total of the invoice.
- We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions.
- All flash drives, external drives and any recorders or other equipment and supplies purchased for analysis will be billed accordingly. Fedex, USPS, UPS, or any other shipping charges will be billed accordingly.
- As per our terms and conditions all fees are considered retainers and are non-refundable, any credit balance will be applied to unpaid invoices or future services.
- We reserve the right to report your account to the credit reporting agencies if our payment requirements have not been satisfied.
- All miscellaneous charges for USB, flash drive, passport, recorder, delivery charges, and other additional purchases required to complete analysis will be billed accordingly.
- Our rate sheet serves as our retainer agreement.